The National Alliance for Children and Youth (NACY) brings diverse nonprofit organizations together in a collaborative network dedicated to enhancing the well-being of children and youth in Canada. NACY provides national leadership and knowledge, and is dedicated to mobilizing and linking practice and research to policy development to support the changing and diverse needs of families on a pan-Canadian basis.
Who We Are
The National Alliance for Children and Youth (NACY) is a network of agencies and organizations from across Canada who support and work with children, youth and their communities.
NACY is a collaborative network of organizations from across Canada that provides a unique opportunity for wide cross-sectoral membership and perspective about the issues facing children and youth and their families. Our members come from all sectors of the child and youth arena: health, education, social services, recreation, family support and child development. Organizations big and small, from all parts of Canada, including those with national, provincial, regional and local mandates, are welcome to be part of NACY. This allows for us to facilitate comprehensive and inclusive national dialogue about child and youth issues, rather than be bound by sectoral or geographic perspectives.
NACY provides research, resources, leadership and vision to mobilize organizations to collective action, building on shared knowledge and pooled resources. NACY was created in 2005 to further the work of the Children’s Alliance to develop knowledge, research and expertise in a broad range of matters related to children and youth. Now in its sixth year, NACY continues to pursue initiatives that address priority issues of children and youth to which we can bring value through the collective involvement of members.
A Canada in which all children and youth are thriving.
The mission of NACY is to promote the health and well-being of children and youth in Canada in ways that are beneficial to the community by:
- Facilitating participation and collaboration of our members and others in the development of consensus on policies, programs and practices to improve outcomes for children,
- Promoting public awareness and understanding on issues that matter for children and youth,
- Providing public education regarding children, youth and families,
- Conducting and disseminating research into relevant trends and issues,
- Developing, encouraging and improving opportunities for skill development and knowledge transfer among individuals, organizations and groups in support of children and youth,
- Developing and promoting a public policy agenda in support of children, youth and families.
The National Alliance for Children and Youth (NACY) – L’Alliance nationale pour l’enfance et la jeunesse (ANEJ) is an incorporated nonprofit organization that has been created to continue the work of the informal National Children’s Alliance – Alliance nationale pour les enfants which began in 1996. Originally operating as a program of the National Voluntary Organizations (NVO) and subsequently Imagine Canada, work of the Alliance has been funded by the Social Development Community Partnerships Program of the Government of Canada.